Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
The application for admission as a research student (2017 MEXT Scholarship) can be accepted until August 16, 2017.
The Selection will be conducted as follows.
Please note that Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences only issues "Letter of Admission" not "Letter of Acceptance"
1. First you must pass a preliminary examination given by the Japanese Embassy in your home country.
For details please contact your local Japanese Embassy or Consulates.
2. Choose three professors of desired choice from the List of Faculty and Fields of Research of the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The List of Faculty and Fields of Research
You can find information about the school on our website: Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
3. Submit all the required documents to International Student Advising Room
Please send all the required documents listed below in PDF format by email to International Student Advising Room.
- A copy of the certificate of the preliminary selection issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.
- Attested copies of all the documents you submitted to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General application forms, study plan, transcript, diploma, abstracts of theses, recommendation letter, medical certificate, etc.
- Application form in the prescribed form of Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences <pdf>
International Student Advising Room
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The University of Tokyo
4. Application due
August 16, 2017
Decision will be made totally by examining application documents and email interview with the professor of the laboratory of desired choice.
6. Announcement of results
Letter of admission will be issued and sent by postal mail on September 1, 2017.
In case of fail results, the notification will be sent as soon as the selection committee is over.